19 July 2008

Welcome To My Personal Food Blog

Now this is a blog that I should have been writing about from the very beginning- a personal food blog.

After all, I love eating, I love cooking, I love sharing stories about eating out and cooking at home, I love recommending restaurants, I love discovering new out-of-the-way food places- you get the idea.

I suppose it all made sense when I got me a new DSLR- a Canon EOS 400D Digital Rebel XTi. I bought the camera in Los Angeles, during my second visit last June, and pretty much everywhere we went, there I was snapping pictures- and a big part of those pictures were food pics!

I thought it was a great way to immerse yourself in the culture of the place. While I was in Los Angeles- I always wanted to try out all these different not-so-commercial neighborhood food spots- to see what Southern California had to offer. So my sister would take me around to her favorite food places, and tell me a little about the restaurant, and the more popular food items on the menu- it was all fun.

So when I got back from my trip, I realized I had all these great food photos while I was sorting out my stuff. Shortly after doing some editing, uploading and sharing, I thought a food blog would be just the thing to talk about all my various food adventures during my travels, and to share photos as well as stories about the places I've visited, and plan to visit.

I also skimmed through my other, more established blogs, and decided to throw in all my various food-related posts in here as well. The result is pretty much what you have here in front of you- a labor of love, a reminder of how we should appreciate the simple joys of life, a journal I dedicate to all food enthusiasts, professionals, entrepreneurs and artists.

So what's there to see in this blog?

  • Restaurant Recommendations. From food establishments of all kinds all over Metro Manila and the Philippines (it's where I'm from!) as well as from other places I've visited- such as in Los Angeles and Singapore- but there will definitely be more as I add more stories from my future travels.
  • Easy-to-do Recipes. I like cooking from the comfort of my own home, but I ain't no top chef. If it's something a regular schlub like me could cook, then you could do it too.
  • Food Preparation Tips and Kitchen Ideas. "Eat better, live better", I always say.
  • Food Stories from my Friends. A lot of em do a fair bit of traveling as well, and also appreciate a great food establishment when they see one. It's always interesting what they have to share!
  • Lots of Food Photos and Pics of Food Places. Still learning how to take better pictures. I'd love to hear from you guys on tips and all that.
So there you have it. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I put it together. Leave a comment, join in on the discussion, and share whatever food stories you have. I'd sure love to hear from you.

Cheers, everyone!

0 comments:

Check Out Other Blogs From Renzie!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online