12 September 2008

A Leisurely Lunch at Linden Suites

Having been a radio executive for several years, laid-back leisurely lunches weren't a common thing at all. In fact, you usually would want to have your lunch (or any meal for that matter) as quickly as possible since you're chasing deadlines, media buyers and account executives most of the time.

As some of you already know from reading my blogs, I'm more of a work-at-home advocate and online entrepreneur these days. Which means a great deal of flexibility- so when a good friend of mine, Kristine, called for a lunch meeting to toss a few ideas around, I was pretty much good to go.

We had lunch at the Azzurro Bistro and Bar, at the second level of The Linden Suites in Ortigas Center. It isn't my first time at Azzurro. Whenever I'd come to Linden Suites, whether for meetings, or for business, or when I'm checked in, I always make it a point to visit Azzurro.

Kristine and I started off with some appetizers- we had the Mushroom Bruschetta. Creamed shiitake and button mushrooms topped with Serrano ham.

I also had a serving of pumpkin soup. Specifically, this is Azzurro's Cream of Roasted Pumpkin & Root Vegetables. It's a light cream soup of pumpkin, carrots and onion pureed just nicely in chicken stock.

For my main course, I had the Herb-roasted Chicken. A tender roasted spring chicken with olive oil on a bed of mashed potato and contemporary Mediterranean ratatouille.

It was a very hearty, leisurely lunch- the setting was very conducive for tossing a few good ideas around, with lots of good conversation over good food. I'm sure glad we had this meeting.

If you haven't yet, go head on over to Azzurro at the Linden Suites. The restaurant itself is at the second level, and on top of a pretty solid menu, they always have something going on. Check out Azzurro's Multiply page for their menu, special events and ongoing promotions.

As for The Linden Suites, they're located at #37 San Miguel Avenue, Ortigas Center in Pasig City. The Linden Suites are managed and operated by Swiss Belhotel International, which is based in Hong Kong. For inquiries and reservations, you may reach them at (+632) 638.78.78.

Cheers, everyone!

0 comments:

Check Out Other Blogs From Renzie!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online