05 September 2008

Renzie is Back with More Food Stories!

It's been a rather hectic two months for me- my brother and his long-time girlfriend of 9 years finally tied the knot last month, and a big group of relatives flew in from Los Angeles, Toronto, Vancouver, Boston and the UK.

It was loads of fun- like an extended family reunion of sorts. We took them around Metro Manila and the surrounding provinces, took a lot of pictures, did a lot of shopping and hanging out and swapped stories over good food.

So that's pretty much a whole lot of stories since I got back from Los Angeles. A lot of stories to share on this blog, with lots of photos as well:

  • Mom and I visited Butuan City- my very first time, actually. So much to see, and so much to do, to my surprise. Had I known, I should've booked myself for a longer stay. Lots of great food adventures there.
  • Mom hasn't been in the Philippines in sixteen years, so naturally she's gone all nostalgic, and just HAD to get all the Filipino food she's been craving for!
  • Naturally, when all my aunts, uncles and cousins flew in, we had to show 'em what a great place the Philippines is- and they had a blast shopping and trying out all these great food places.
  • We might have taken Chowking for granted around here, but Mom was amazed how different it tastes from the Chowking she's frequented in Los Angeles. I gotta say, it's her favorite Pinoy fast food place now!
  • Spent a week in Zambales, mainly to celebrate my grandfather's 84th birthday and also to spend time with my cousins- many of whom I've only seen after several years, some of whom I've only seen for the very first time- but it's all been fun and memorable.
  • One of the more fun things was getting everyone's pasalubong- welcome home gifts- together. We visited all these cool places with great Filipino stuff they'd like to share with their friends back home, or just to munch on until the next visit.
So that's a lot of blog entries I'll be working on for the next several days. It's been lots of fun, and there's just so much to share.

Cheers, everyone!

0 comments:

Check Out Other Blogs From Renzie!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online