14 September 2008

So Long, and Thanks for all the Buttercake!

I had the chance to check out this exclusive residential community in Nasugbu, Batangas just last week. Kawayan Cove is definitely a place worth checking out, particularly more so if you're seriously shopping around for some Philippine real estate.

Read up on some of the highlights of my visit (along with other bloggers)- you could check out my other blog, "The Life & Times of the Renzie Man" for my stories on Kawayan Cove. Of course there are other related blog posts to that article as well, which you might want to read up on as well.

In a nutshell though, our little field excursion to Nasugbu, Batangas was quite an experience. Kawayan Cove is absolutely breathtaking, and the Puyat family was on site to not just welcome us, but also to show us around- so they gave us a tour, shared stories about the place and some insights on how they chose to develop this forested beachfront property in a certain way. All that over a hearty lunch (which I'll be writing about in a bit), while leisurely lounging on the serene, white-sanded comfort of Bamboo Beach.

Anyway, I'm actually writing this post to rave about the little parting gift the Puyats sent us home with at the end of the fun tour they put together for us that day: the Kawayan Cove Buttercakes.

Well, at least that's what I thought I'd call them. These quaint little buttercakes, as it turned out, were made from an old Puyat family poundcake recipe, which they give out during Christmas time to share with family and friends.

They're light, fluffy, and incredibly delicious. On the way home, I've already noticed some of my fellow bloggers wolfing them down on the bus. I didn't realize how good they tasted until I got home to take my first buttercake out of the cute wicker packaging.

My girlfriend actually liked them so much better than my pasalubongs. You guessed it- we had really gone to town on those buttercakes. Fortunately, Mr. Puyat gave me a second box of those delicious poundcakes. That box is already marked for termination- I'm going to have them for snacks right after I publish this blog entry.

Special thanks to Mr. Joey Puyat and everyone in the Puyat family who joined us that day for being such gracious hosts; they were all there to welcome us, show us around Kawayan Cove, and pretty much made us feel right at home. I particularly have to also mention what excellent service we got from the Kawayan Cove staff- everyone who was there was well-looked after.

Also, thanks and shout-out to fellow blogger Anton Diaz of Our Awesome Planet- for giving us some tips on how to be better photo-bloggers. Last but not least, thanks to our friends from Geiser-Maclang for making it all happen.

Cheers, everyone!

0 comments:

Check Out Other Blogs From Renzie!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online