13 October 2008

Renzie Visits Pancake House

Pancake House has always been an reliable favorite for us whenever we go out. We took these pictures a couple weeks back, when we decided to have a late snack at Glorietta in Makati.

I remembered a time when the old Pancake House really served pancakes and waffles mostly. But just like any other successful restaurant chain in Metro Manila, Pancake House had been able to meet the demands of a fickle market by offering a better variety of food, as well as new items on the menu from time to time.

So yes, you can still get your pancakes, but they have much to offer whether you feel like eating rice, a sandwich, or the occasional slab of steak.

I almost usually get myself some pancakes or the french toast, or at least make sure I leave room for those. Depending on how I feel on a particular visit, I'll probably get myself...

  • an order of spaghetti and a sandwich, or a spaghetti and two tacos
  • a breakfast meal, like tapa or tocino, with eggs and fried rice. Plus an extra fried rice thrown in for good measure.
  • a steak. Mm-mmm.
We also almost always go for Pancake House's very own iced tea. Not the crappy Lipton/Nestea drink-all-you-can iced tea- way too sweet and watered down. Ask for the House-blended iced tea. You can never go wrong with that.

For pancakes and waffles? I usually go for the one with peanut butter, or the one with peaches. Or just a plain waffle.

Price-wise, it's alright. It's one step up from fast food fare, and not as pricey as your casual family dining restaurants like TGIFridays or Chili's.

Although they have cakes, shakes and other dessert items on the menu, I'd say I'm fairly happy with the pancakes, waffles or french toast.

Cheers, everyone!

2 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

I love Pancake House's blueberry, caramel banana walnut or choco marble pancakes! Also their omelette and adobo sulipan.

Renzie Baluyut said...

u8mypinkc00kies: you know what? i just realized that one of the best dishes of all time in pancake house (for me at least) is the pan chicken :)

man, i could go for some right now lol

Check Out Other Blogs From Renzie!

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online